With the Blessing of His Grace, Bishop Peter,
The Diocese of Chicago and Mid-America announces:
St. Herman Youth Retreat 2011!
December 24 - 26
Sponsored by St. Jonah Orthodox Church in Spring, TX
Come meet your fellow Orthodox Christian youth and
spend part of your winter break in warm and sunny Texas!
- Divine Services commemorating St. Herman of Alaska, whom many consider to be the first saint in America
- Lectures on Holy Scripture and Orthodox understanding of the afterlife
- Bishop Peter's recollections of his early adult years, serving for St. John the Wonderworker of San Francisco
- Youth activities geared to help you meet like-minded people of your own age
- A field trip to historic Galveston Island on the Gulf of Mexico, featuring Saints Constantine and Helen Serbian Orthodox Church, one of the oldest Orthodox parishes in the United States:
- And of course, the beach!
This year's registration cost is very reasonable - $100 with lodging, $50 without. All meals are included.
Inviting ages 15 through 20. Orthodox youth from all jurisdictions are welcome to attend!
Accommodations will be provided at The Cramer Retreat Center, in Spring, TX.
Please consider joining us for this warm and enriching experience, and tell your friends!
Those who desire to attend the conference but are unable to afford to do so due to financial hardship
are urged to contact the Diocesan office (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the earliest opportunity.
Click on the following links for more information and forms in pdf format:
- St. Herman's Youth Retreat 2011 Flyer
- St. Herman's Youth Retreat 2011 Registration Form
- St. Herman's Youth Retreat 2011 Consent Form
- (to be completed with the Registration Form if you are under 18)
- St. Herman's Youth Retreat 2011 Conference Schedule
Please email your completed registration form to: email@example.com
Or, you can send it by post to:
Fr. John Whiteford
St. Jonah Orthodox Church
P.O. Box 1427
Spring, TX 77383
There will be a group traveling from Chicago to Houston for St. Herman's Youth Retreat.
If you would like to join, please contact Priest Daniel Marshall by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone at (574) 825-4129.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
The Youth Committee of the Diocese of Chicago and Mid-America