The Pastoral School of the Diocese of Chicago & Mid-America feels strongly that active partnership with higher education theological institutions of the Russian Orthodox Church/Moscow Patriarchate is an important aspect of making the continuing reconciliation of the Russian Church a real, living effort that will bear spiritual fruit, and that this is fully within the spirit of the Act of Canonical Communion signed by the ever memorable Patriarch Aleksey II and Metropolitan Laurus on the day of the Ascension 2007.
On the very precipice of the 10th anniversary of the signing of the Act of Canonical Communion, The Pastoral School is happy to announce the signing of a Partnership Agreement with the Kyiv Theological Academy and Seminary on May 4/17, 2017. Signing on behalf of the Pastoral School was the Rector, Archbishop Peter of Chicago & Mid-America. Signing on behalf of the Kyiv Theological Academy and Seminary was the Rector, Metropolitan Antoniy of Boryspil and Brovary. As stated in Article 2 of the agreement, this partnership is designed to benefit both the Pastoral School and the Kyiv Theological Academy and Seminary through:
- exchange of students;
- exchange of teaching and research personnel;
- exchange of experience in the area of modern educational technologies;
- development and implementation of joint research projects;
- organization of joint research symposiums, conferences and seminars;-organization of joint publications, mutual providing of the opportunity for publication in editions published by each of the Parties;
- exchange of educational and scientific publications, and also exchange of training, scientific and other materials epresenting mutual interest.
Article and photo coverage of this signing can be found here:
It is our hope to announce additional Partnership Agreements in the near future.
Very Rev. Fr. Gregory Joyce, D.Min.